If you find a bug, please email the author or join the discussion or
development mailing lists in order to inform the author of the potentially
Before nailing down that your problem is in fact caused by a bug, be sure to try disabling all hacks and speed-improvements. Several hacks are known to be naughty and cause problems with Shadow. "PhlegmHack" is one such hack that for whatever reason conflicts with Shadow. There are some 3rd party tools to help fix naughty hacks. "TrapWeaver" can sometimes eliminate problems if you wish to continue using a problematic hack.
By contacting the author you may save the time of other people, and get the bug removed in future releases. The author likes to fix bugs, and likes to make quick releases for people to take advantage of. If you do not inform the author of the issues, they may not get found until later!
Send these details in your email:
- Palm OS revision (like 3.1, 3.3, 3.5.2, 5.1, etc)
- Shadow Plan version
- Shadow Desktop version
- Hardware Platform; Palm Tungsten T, Palm IIIc, Visor Deluxe, TRGPro, etc
- Hardware Expansions; memory cards, CF cards, etc.
- Any hacks you have activate during time of the incident
- Clock speed; are you using Afterburner or similar?
- Can you reproduce the problem, or did it occur just once, or intermittently?
- Exact details and steps of how you made the problem occur