From: Jeff Heinen  <jeffh@s...>
Date: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:12pm
Subject: Re: Re: Opinion; raising the cost?

At 10:23 PM 2/19/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>--- In shadow-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Mitchell <support@s...> wrote:
>

> >       I've also been considering building a "perl" plugin or module for
> > Shadow Desktop (depends on the licensing of perl and free time).. so you
> > could extend Shadow Desktop in perl. That'd make peopel go mental, but
> > coudl also accelerate development, since knocking out perl is easier
>than
> > 'C' code :) So if I get ambitious, I might make the import/export future
> > system all perl based, with tie-ins to the Shadow Desktop core. Sick
>sick
> > sick :)
> >
> >             jeff
>

>perl rules...
>
>-Tom

I'd agree here.  Adding perl support would be the thing that would push me
over the edge, eat a little more ramen for a week or three, and pony up the
cash. Even at the higher rate. The ability to get it to my remote box where
I can mess with/display/organize is is basically my one last 'must have'
feature. (Plus, I know perl a lot better then anything else and would be
prone/able to tinker with it to suit my whims. :_) )

Question: Have you considered alternate methods of selling? If the stores
keep raising their costs, would it be better to find a way to drop then in
total? Or can you?

-J
9802