From: Peggy Darling  <peggy_darling@y...>
Date: Thu Jan 23, 2003 0:07pm
Subject: Re: Large Files

I have 48 files; the biggest is called "Life Planning" is 517 kb on the
desktop. On the HH it says (35/806) and 243649.  I don't really know what
the numbers mean, just that they correlate to the size of the file...   You
were asking for the largest number of entries . . . so which number stands
for the number of entries?  You'll have to tell me!  No problems that I
know of;  it loads pretty fast-- I can count to 9 in my head while it
fetches all the records on my Clie NR70V/U.
9202

I tried a large file (495k) which had one file for everthing, (over
two hundred entries with notes and such, but kept getting memory
errors (slow to open, close, warning notices from SP) i think this
has to do with working space memory, not ram on the unit. Have over
8mb of memory free, but the constraint appears to be in the internal
working memory that SP uses.

So hit the wall pretty quickly and i had to split them back into
separate files (bummer).

--- In shadow-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Peggy Darling
<peggy_darling@y...> wrote:
> I have 48 files; the biggest is called "Life Planning" is 517 kb on
the
> desktop. On the HH it says (35/806) and 243649.  I don't really
know what
> the numbers mean, just that they correlate to the size of the
file...   You
> were asking for the largest number of entries . . . so which number
stands
> for the number of entries?  You'll have to tell me!  No problems
that I
> know of;  it loads pretty fast-- I can count to 9 in my head while
it
> fetches all the records on my Clie NR70V/U.
9203