From: Jeff Mitchell  <support@s...>
Date: Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:16pm
Subject: Re: Honeymoon's over: More(New?) feature requests

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Guillermo Cremerius wrote:

> I second this one
>
> > my top one is...  Is there a way to show tag associations on the
> > desktop?  and eventually filter with/by them on the desktop?

	For sure.

> And this one too... :)
>
> > Thanks again for a truly remarkable program... that already does more
> > that i would've thought of asking for...

	Thanks :)

From: tljr_2000  <tlj1@c...>
Date: Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:07pm
Subject: Re: Shadow 2.6 Beta 5 (Windows) Available!

Jeff,

I just downloaded Shadow 2.6b5.  I have two lists that I am working
with.  Regardless of which list I'm using, whenever I try to open
the "Preferences" (List > Preferences), I get a Fatal Alert Message
that says "Category.c, Line:528, Bad Category".  There is also
a "Reset" button at the bottom of the Fatal Alert window that I have
to hit which then, obviously, performs a soft reset on my Sony Clie
T665.  I was doing a lot of work with these lists last night and did
not have this problem.  Can you tell what might be causing this?

Todd

> 	Thanks to those who've gotten back to me with feedback about
the
> other betas and alphas! It has been very helpful! I think b5 is
getting
> very close to release quality.
>
> 	NOTE: This is BETA. It is pretty darned stable, but it may
have
> niggles.
>
> 	Fixed from b4 to b5; new list, new items, don't crash anymore.
> When upgrading 3rd party toolkits, that broke behind the scenes.
>
> 	FEEDBACK Requirement:
>
> 	If you download this, you must post to this group, or to me,
or to
> shadow-test, an opinion or comment.. good, bad, things you hate,
things
> that are broken, etc. If I don't get any "good" replies, I don't
know if
> it works. If I don't get any "broken" replies, I release this to the
> public broken! Please give me your feedback! :)
>
> 	That said, you've already seen a prior beta (beta 1 or 2?) and
> this has been through shadow-test for awhile, so its pretty darned
> stable. I've updated some behind the scenes toolkits though, so
please
> test the entire thing over! New files, old files, printing,
everything
> you'd like to normally do!
>
> 	Get it here:
>
> http://www.codejedi.com/shadowplan/shadow-test/shadow26b5win.zip
>
> 	This includes the install so is easy to install. The
documentation
> is not yet updated to reflect changes since 2.5.0 release.
>
> 	New stuff: Desktop offers drag and drop and
promote/demote/push
> arrows, as well as lots of fixes all over the place. Theres an
essentially
> all new conduit with progress bar, new sync logic, new super safe
> mechanisms and backups, and very keen configuration screen to let
you set
> options however you like them. You can also move Shadow Plan itself
> memory card or the like, and the sync will proceed.. save yourself a
> couple hundred K of main memory :)
>
> 	So run the installer, and away you go :) Be sure to visit
Hotsync