From: Jeff Mitchell  <support@s...>
Date: Fri Aug 2, 2002 0:56am
Subject: Re: Re: launching applets

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, saverio_maviglia wrote:

> What if all the applet did was to write the file name, filter, and
> view in a PDB file and the immediately launched Shadow.  Shadow could
> read the file and do its processing.  If the user changed the file,

	That wouldn't be how it would be done; but more important is how
does the other app know what views exist, so that it can display them to
you to pick, to write into your pdb? :)

From: Jeff Mitchell  <support@s...>
Date: Fri Aug 2, 2002 0:57am
Subject: Re: Re: Help - Fatal Alerts

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, msharnden wrote:

> Yup, that's what is strange. I'm used to breaking things by fiddling
> around with things. :-)

> > 	Were you in a file, or the file selection screen, when you
> last
> > used Shadow and exitted? If in a file, you could use Filez or the
> like to
> > rename that file temporarily, and that way fortce Shadow back to
> the file
> > selection screen in case that file is somehow the problem. IF
> totally
> > stuck, we can remove some of the more temporary files (like Tags,
> etc),
> > though I'd hate to do that.
>
> I renamed the files I was last using, now the device simply resets
> itself whenever I try to start Shadow. No error messages or anything.
> Let me know what other files I should try to remove/rename.

	Sounds like something funny is going on. Do a fresh install of the
.prc onto your handheld, for one. Got any speedups or security apps (hack
or otherwise) set up?

	Got another version of the app on an expansion card?

	When it starts, it fetches its prefs, the filters and views and
history, and then the last file if applicable. You can remove the
ShadCache, ShadFilters, ShadViews and ShadTags if you need to :/ (rename
them!)