From: llgriffll  <keith@t...>
Date: Fri Jun 21, 2002 0:57pm
Subject: Re: 2.2.10 BETA; need input.

So, to have saved view remove a currently applied filter...we'd have
to check "Filter" and then choose the "No Filter" filter? Wow, read
that ten times fast <G>.

Liveable...

From: llgriffll  <keith@t...>
Date: Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:00pm

--- In shadow-discuss@y..., "Russ & Ling" <rnlnero@y...> wrote:

> I thought we *are* debating what Shadow should do in the first
place :)
> With built-in views, Shadow's established behavior is not to
remove your
> current filter.

Well...in a way we were...approaching it from a coding perspective I
just see some natural things Shadow should do...in terms of keeping
code consistent and all.

> > I think the best solution is a checkbox within a view
called "Remove
> > Filter on Apply" or some such. It's obvious what that would
> > do...it's not a work around...it'd satisfy many.
> >

> It takes one tap to check that new box.  It takes one tap to check
the
> 'Filter' box now (since it defaults to 'All').  Both does the same
thing and
> neither would be a kludge.

The difference is semantics I realize...purely cosmetic in a geeky
sort of way. Both do do the same...it's just an appearance
thing...not a big deal...Jeff seems to have already
decided...interesting debate tho.
6003