From: Jeff Mitchell  <support@s...>
Date: Sat Jun 1, 2002 6:21pm
Subject: Re: Possibility of an alternative field to Target/Start/Finish an alternative to a Time field

On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, John Hatto wrote:

> Thanks for your useful tips (see below).

	No problem :)

> It struck me afterwards that what I was asking for could have wider
> appeal if I restated it as an additional field to the
> Target/Start/Finish flags and the Note field that can be added to any
> List entry.  It may be that I am missing something basic but I assume
> none of the different types of Lists provide this.  Such a field might
> be used for flagging up a range of issues such as price or source of
> supply that different users might want to sort upon.

	I will be adding a "misc field" eventually, where you can enter in
whatever you want (and I may even support some basic functions like
summation of the preceeding misc fields.. hard to say). I'll be supporting
a "misc small" and "misc large" field, so that you can control how wide it
displays in the custom view.

> I would want to be able to insert a number or mixed number /text
> entry. I could for example insert '23' to show an event occurred at
> 11pm. (Similarly 23:30 or 23.5 could stand for 11.30pm though the
> effects on sort might be different but the function clearer).
>
> Of course ideally (for my time field) it could be an automatically
> calculated field (or this might even be available as a Palm OS tool) but
> I could live without that.

	There shoudl be a time-stamp shortcut (like the date-stamp
shortcut),

> Sorry to persist but with all these ideas floating around it seems a
> good time to mention it.

	Ideas are good. Worst that can happen is it goes onto my todo list
for awhile. But better there than in space, right? :)