From: kenclatham  <clatham1@t...>
Date: Sat May 18, 2002 4:41am
Subject: Re: Mega Wiki and Shadow and DBK5

--- In shadow-discuss@y..., "arskillings72212" <bob.skillings@A...>
wrote:
> Ken,
>
> This is great, exactly what I was looking for to extend my usage of
> SP !
>
> I've been using SP for some time now, but I've only read about DBK5
> in this forum and haven't had the time to get it/learn it/figure
out
> how to make it work with SP.
>
> Could I bother you for a more detailed description on how to make
SP
> and DBK5 work together in the way you describe below ?  Be a great
> item to add to the Shadow_Tips forum.

<snip>

Actually, I already have.  If you look in the Tips group for March and
the title "SP origin strings and Linker", I tried to give a complete
run down there.

It is an example using Linker, which allows a slightly different
method of linking that MegaWiki, but I think those that preceeded me
in the idea had come up with a way to attach the markers using
MegaWiki.

(check the referenced members and their postings of the few weeks
preceeding my addition to the tips group in the archives here.)

I did promise a follow-up to my tips post, which I never delivered
because after  all that tinkering... (1) I don't think it applies to
the more popular MegaWiki (2) It just didn't turn out to be that
useful.

The rest of the stuff about launching DBK5 from SP is in the SP manual
and pretty obvious without it...

Ken

P.S. DBK5 is much easier to get to know (than DBK4), now that CESD has
revamped all the options screens into a single tabbed interface by
area of the program they affect.  If you're really new to it, do NOT
play with "Views" until you're comfortable, they can mess with your
mind if you're not sure of how they work.  On the other hand, they're
*really* powerful once you get used to them...
5402