From: David Prentice  <dprentic@m...>
Date: Sat May 11, 2002 4:11pm
Subject: Re: Week View in AN / DB[45]

What you're trying to do doesn't work (presently) in the list view mode.
List view is optimized vertically to put a long list of items on the screen
at once. Inserting seperator bars into list view would defeat the purpose of
this view for many people. I, for example, use list view with multiple
custom views to sort out only those specific appointments that appear in
certain categories. For example, I have a custom view based on list view for
"Birthdays". Inserting a seperator line for each date would cut the number
of birthdays that can be displayed by half.

Maybe CESD is working on an option for list view. I know from stuff he's
said on the pdbk list that list view is an incredibly popular mode for a lot
of people. Surely some of them would like an optional seperator line and no
date column.

However, you can get what you want already with the weekly view mode, not
list view. The weekly view button is the one with two rows of three dots
each, and itself has three different modes of "weekly view". This is
governed by the little number-box on the top bar. Weekly-1 is a one-week at
a glance mode. Weekly-2 gives you two weeks in two columns. Weekly-3 is a
three-day view mode. In all of these modes, there are seperator lines for
day/date.

Personally, I find all three of the weekly view modes to be useless unless I
am working within a custom view that is set to filter and show only a subset
of my logged/scheduled appointments. For example, I normally cull out
church-related meetings in list view with a custom view, but sometimes find
it more useful to browse them in a weekly mode. The downside of the weekly-1
and weekly-2 views for this purpose is that sunday is squeezed to minimal
space on the assumption that people want more space for weekdays. I've also
used the weekly view in a custom view in the past to display only
breakfast/lunch appointments.

David

Message: 5