From: Jeff Mitchell  <support@s...>
Date: Thu Apr 4, 2002 9:35pm
Subject: Re: Re: auto todo import?

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, softeng_2000 wrote:

> 1) The new todos are only presented if the list preference specifies it.

	Overhead for user.

> 2) There is a "Not now" button which allows the user to defer todo
> selection until later

> 3) I don't think you would need to store anything in each todo;
> couldn't each list simply store a date, which was the last time todos
> were scanned?  This date could be compared to each todo's creation
> date to determine which todos to present.  Todos which are already
> linked in another list would also not be re-presented.

	How would we know if they're already linked or not? :) We can't
store things into ToDo, and scanning through thousands of items for each
todo would make this impossible.

> 4) A regular Shadow user probably wouldn't have 100's of new todos; if
> they did, they could always select "not now" or "None" or "All"

	... but they *could* ;) (You have to plan for expected uses, and
for unexpected, and handle them equally well ;)