From: rs4321_00  <rs4321_00@y...>
Date: Wed Mar 27, 2002 11:25pm
Subject: Re: Shadow 2.2.1 lock up

No error message. It just locks up.

--- In shadow-discuss@y..., smasters@a... wrote:

> Jeff wrote:
>
>  That sounds like something flaky going on.. busted launcher, flaky
> unit.. something. Shadow just saves and lets the OS do its thing....
>
> Jeff,
>
> Could it be something in the save? A bad SP file, or in trying to
add the
> text to the note or something else with links? Do we know if there
is an
> error message displayed?  Just thinking out loud.
>
> Scott
4902

From: Kevin Giberson  <kevin@g...>
Date: Wed Mar 27, 2002 11:50pm
Subject: Re: Re: Shadow 2.2.1 lock up

the more programs you add to your pda mix, the more likely you will get that sort of problem.  also, make sure all your programs are the latest versions, as bugs and compatibility problems cause updates.  if it persists, i would suggest what i and many others have done.  hard reset, and begin adding programs back in (latest versions!) one by one, and eliminate those that are not used regulary.  i had lots of problems in the past with lots of programs, after reloading slowly with only the necessary programs (still lots for most) i have not had that type of problem in a long time.  and i add very little, and if i don't use it, i delete it.  it's fun adding all the extra stuff until getting the bugs out takes up more time than your time actually using your pda!  based on what you describe, i can almost guarantee you that shadow is not your problem.  good luck.
kevin
  >  That sounds like something flaky going on.. busted launcher, flaky
  > unit.. something. Shadow just saves and lets the OS do its thing....
  >
  > Jeff,
  >
  > Could it be something in the save? A bad SP file, or in trying to
  add the
  > text to the note or something else with links? Do we know if there
  is an
  > error message displayed?  Just thinking out loud.
  >
  > Scott

	Which launcher and version? Is Shadow on a card? What unit type
and OS version?

		jeff

> --- In shadow-discuss@y..., smasters@a... wrote:
> >
> > Jeff wrote:
> >
> >  That sounds like something flaky going on.. busted launcher, flaky
> > unit.. something. Shadow just saves and lets the OS do its thing....
> >
> > Jeff,
> >
> > Could it be something in the save? A bad SP file, or in trying to
> add the
> > text to the note or something else with links? Do we know if there
> is an
> > error message displayed?  Just thinking out loud.
> >
> > Scott

Shadow is not on a card. The unit is a Kyocera 6035 Smart Phone using Palm OS 3.5.2 and I'm not using an aftermarket launcher.
Would it help if I deleted Shadow and reinstalled it?
        Which launcher and version? Is Shadow on a card? What unit type
  and OS version?

              jeff

  > --- In shadow-discuss@y..., smasters@a... wrote:
  > >
  > > Jeff wrote:
  > >
  > >  That sounds like something flaky going on.. busted launcher, flaky
  > > unit.. something. Shadow just saves and lets the OS do its thing....
  > >
  > > Jeff,
  > >
  > > Could it be something in the save? A bad SP file, or in trying to
  > add the
  > > text to the note or something else with links? Do we know if there
  > is an
  > > error message displayed?  Just thinking out loud.
  > >
  > > Scott

Thanks Kevin. I'll try your advice. Sounds like words to the wise.