From: lcsahagun  <lcsahagun@w...>
Date: Mon Feb 25, 2002 5:51pm
Subject: Re: Clie and Handera folks!

what font are you using?

--- In shadow-discuss@y..., "Kevin Giberson" <kevin@g...> wrote:
> i'd agree re: Sony Clie...jog dial (screen at a time, not line at a
time) and back button support first...jog dial is used extensively
here.  thanks.

From: arskillings72212  <bob.skillings@A...>
Date: Mon Feb 25, 2002 6:20pm
Subject: Re: Force Save & Protecting Lists

> 	I intend to hold off on getting into "new" things until
existing
> pending new things get finished, and we clean up a few bugs that
have
> cropped up of late. We need to nail down the floor before building
the
> house more :)
>
> 		jeff

I appreciate your reply and agree wholeheartedly.

I can understand your focus right now is supporting the new release
and working through whatever glitches may rear their ugly head before
starting on another round of fixes and enhancements.

FWIW, I'm sold on Shadow Plan being *the* organizer for my handheld,
so I'm with you for the long haul.

My biggest worry is figuring out how I can get the rest of my
workgroup to adopt your product... ;)
4303

From: Jeff Mitchell  <support@s...>
Date: Mon Feb 25, 2002 6:46pm
Subject: Re: Re: Force Save & Protecting Lists

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, arskillings72212 wrote:

> I appreciate your reply and agree wholeheartedly.

	(Of course, since a release is out, I can do crazy things in alpha
like high res, screen code rewrites for speed, etc :)

> I can understand your focus right now is supporting the new release
> and working through whatever glitches may rear their ugly head before
> starting on another round of fixes and enhancements.

	Definitely some enhancements, but ones I've been putting off
awhile. Its not fair to tease everyone, so rather than get side tracked on
new new stuff, I'm goign to work on old new stuff, as well as stabilities
issues that've come up, fixing new from, etc.

> My biggest worry is figuring out how I can get the rest of my
> workgroup to adopt your product... ;)

	If the group is semi sizable, get ahold of me privately; we do
offer group discounts.

From: Jan Erik Moström  <lists@m...>
Date: Mon Feb 25, 2002 5:58pm
Subject: Re: OT - first day of week

At 2002-02-25 09:12, Cindy Greene <cindyg@c...> wrote:

>I think we are so used to seeing Sunday visually on a calendar as the

In the US perhaps 8-)

            jem
--
Jan Erik Moström   jem@m...    www.mostrom.pp.se
4305

From: arskillings72212  <bob.skillings@A...>
Date: Mon Feb 25, 2002 8:47pm

> 	If the group is semi sizable, get ahold of me privately; we do
> offer group discounts.
>
> 		jeff

Group discount ?

At $12US for both HH and DT, how much lower can you go ?
4306

From: dgselig  <dgselig@y...>
Date: Mon Feb 25, 2002 9:42pm
Subject: Re: P3-P5 ToDo problem (Ken)

It happens with either the built-in ToDo app, or Datebk4 5.0pJ

Dave

From: bonos167  <ygd@i...>
Date: Mon Feb 25, 2002 10:07pm

> On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, arskillings72212 wrote:
>

> 	Definitely some enhancements, but ones I've been putting off
> awhile. Its not fair to tease everyone, so rather than get side
tracked on
> new new stuff, I'm goign to work on old new stuff...

Would that include filtering items and notes with a keyword???

(I am using v. 2.0.9)
4308

From: Jeff Mitchell  <support@s...>
Date: Mon Feb 25, 2002 10:32pm

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, bonos167 wrote:

> Would that include filtering items and notes with a keyword???

	Maybe; ask me in a bit. That hadn't come up in the past too much,
but since I'll be adding user definable filters, its possible.

> (I am using v. 2.0.9)

	Use 2.1. When a release comes out, its better touse that than
alphas :)

From: Jeff Mitchell  <support@s...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 3:12am
Subject: Clie users

It seems the top requests from Clie users amount to this:

	o) High res fonts
	o) Jog dial
	o) VFS
	o) High resolution (using teeny fonts to get more on screen)

	VFS is almost complete now (not yet into alpha).

	Jog dial will go in soon.

	High res fonts.. okay.. check me here. With font bucket installed,
and in high res assist most, I was able to pick high res fonts and they
displayed fine. (Just when using high res assist, dont' activate col-bg or
your unit locks up).

	High resolution.. I need ot debate how I wish to use it yet.. but
it actually seemed like a lesser priority to Clie users..

From: bonos167  <ygd@i...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 3:33am

   Will do. Thanks!

From: letuslook  <letuslook@y...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:25am
Subject: Links back to Shadow?

Hi all,

I've been working with Shadow for a couple days now trying to figure
out how to make it work like I want.

One thing I really, really, really wanted to do was transfer Shadow
items to the To-Do list, then jump from the To-Do item directly into
Shadow.  For example, I may have more details about the To-Do item
stored in Shadow.

For some reason, the link seems to be one-way.  I get to the To Do
item "Daily Reminders" and click on the Note next to it.  It opens to
show [[[Shadow: Reminder]]]

clicking on this doesn't jump back to Shadow.  Am I going to have to
use a linker or wiki type hack to get what I want?

Thanks!

Burton
4312

From: kenclatham  <clatham1@t...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 6:03am
Subject: Re: Links back to Shadow?

--- In shadow-discuss@y..., "letuslook" <letuslook@y...> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working with Shadow for a couple days now trying to
figure
> out how to make it work like I want.
>
> One thing I really, really, really wanted to do was transfer Shadow
> items to the To-Do list, then jump from the To-Do item directly
into
> Shadow.  For example, I may have more details about the To-Do item
> stored in Shadow.
>
> For some reason, the link seems to be one-way.  I get to the To Do
> item "Daily Reminders" and click on the Note next to it.  It opens
> show [[[Shadow: Reminder]]]
>
> clicking on this doesn't jump back to Shadow.  Am I going to have
> use a linker or wiki type hack to get what I want?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Burton

Burton,

If you're talking about creating the Todo from SP or "New From"ing
into SP and them jumping to the Todo via the link then...

... after viewing the Todo, its note, etc.  Hit the "Home" silk-screen
button, this will take you back to SP.

If you want to open your Todo app (built-in, DBK4, etc) then jump to
SP from the Todo... Yes, you'll have to use a hack!

I seriously doubt that Jeff will be trying any "tricks" to implement a
"jump from anywhere to SP" link.  But then, he'll be the one to decide
that...

I use "Linker" for that, although I've found I don't use it much.
When I'm in DBK4 (5 actually), I don't use the TaskList hard button,
so I have it mapped to SP.  Which is fine for me, since I'm usually
performing two different jobs.

In DBK4, I manhandle Todos to fit my schedule for the day (lots of
interuptions), pushing them off as I see fit.  At the end of the day,
or when I review project status, I may correct those indescretions but
I'll be working in SP, my "planner".  If I'm planning in SP and create
Todos, then no problem! (see above)  You can jump out to "gussie" them
up and come back...

From: kenclatham  <clatham1@t...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 6:21am
Subject: Re: P3-P5 ToDo problem (now New From problems?)

--- In shadow-discuss@y..., "dgselig" <dgselig@y...> wrote:
> It happens with either the built-in ToDo app, or Datebk4 5.0pJ

<snip!>

Can we please ...

(1) get *my* name off this issue!
    Honestly, I'm not the cause! (or at least I don't *think* so!) :)

(2) Combine this discussion under "New From problems", I, for one am
getting confused.

Summary as I know it so far...

(A) There seems to be a "ToDo extraction" problem based on
Sunday/Monday start of week system option.  (I believe its confirmed
at this point)

(B) There seems to be a "Date display" problem also associated with
Sunday/Monday SOW sysop.  (probably the same bug, IMHO)

(C) There seems to be an "Undated ToDo" problem which may or may not
be associated with (A) and (B).  (not confirmed or hard to reproduce)

Any others?

Just want to stop whipping this poor pony, and get back to business as
usual... before I lose my mind!

And before you *say* anything, I *know* its not my decision... H*ll,
I'm just one lowly user.  I'm just trying to condense this down to
some list of things I can watch out for until Jeff can get this sorted
out...

From: lamromy  <romyl@s...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:03am
Subject: Re: Clie users

Hi

Actually, col-bg is a very useful visual aid (at
least for me), if you can fix that locking problem
with Clie, I will be most grateful.  That's the
only thing holding me back from registering Shadow.

--- In shadow-discuss@y..., Jeff Mitchell
<support@s...> wrote:

> 	It seems the top requests from Clie users
amount to this:

> 	o) High res fonts
> 	o) Jog dial
> 	o) VFS
> 	o) High resolution (using teeny fonts to
get more on screen)

> 	VFS is almost complete now (not yet into
alpha).

> 	Jog dial will go in soon.
>
> 	High res fonts.. okay.. check me here. With
font bucket installed,
> and in high res assist most, I was able to pick
high res fonts and they
> displayed fine. (Just when using high res assist,
dont' activate col-bg or
> your unit locks up).
>
> 	High resolution.. I need ot debate how I
wish to use it yet.. but
> it actually seemed like a lesser priority to Clie
users..

> "It's murder out there. You can't even travel
around in your own micro
> circuits without permission from 'Master Control
Program'. I mean,
> sending *ME* down here to play games.... Who does
he calculate he is?"

From: hisimage8  <hisimage8@y...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:06am
Subject: Re: Default color for entries

> On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, hisimage8 wrote:
>
> > Way back when you were working mostly on the desktop there was a
> > discussion of allowing users to pick their own default color for
each
> > outline.  You asked that you be reminded of this sometime after
the
> > desktop had settled down a little.  Do you remember this and is
it
> > still on the to-do list?
>
> 	hehe :)
>
> 	Desktop hasn't settled down yet ;) (Ask me after the Mac
version
> goes to testing ;)
>
> 		jeff

Is it time to remind you of this Jeff?  :)
Patricia
4316

From: Manfred Ell  <manfredell@y...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:29am
Subject: wish

I use Shadow mostly as a todo list replacement.

I often have to switch between showing checked items and not showing them.
I have to go to the filters menu and check the filter on/off. Could you
make an icon somewhere so that a single tap would toggle the last filter?

Regards

--
Manfred Ell
4317

From: Jeff Mitchell  <support@s...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:02pm

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, letuslook wrote:

> One thing I really, really, really wanted to do was transfer Shadow
> items to the To-Do list, then jump from the To-Do item directly into
> Shadow.  For example, I may have more details about the To-Do item
> stored in Shadow.
>
> For some reason, the link seems to be one-way.  I get to the To Do
> item "Daily Reminders" and click on the Note next to it.  It opens to
> show [[[Shadow: Reminder]]]
>
> clicking on this doesn't jump back to Shadow.  Am I going to have to
> use a linker or wiki type hack to get what I want?

	Yep; when you're in ToDo (or other programs), they're running, and
not Shadow. As such, we're at their whim, and since ToDo and Datebook
offer no linking functionality, we're out of luck. You can return to
Shadow right after a goto with the right pref, but being able to jump from
ToDo to Shadow at any arbitrary time will require LinkeHack or the like..

From: Jeff Mitchell  <support@s...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:06pm
Subject: Re: Re: New From problems

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, kenclatham wrote:

> And before you *say* anything, I *know* its not my decision... H*ll,
> I'm just one lowly user.  I'm just trying to condense this down to
> some list of things I can watch out for until Jeff can get this sorted
> out...

	Which I appreciate :) A thread gets to be a few messages long, and
I start having trouble following it (and the other 200 threads in my head
;)

From: Jeff Mitchell  <support@s...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:09pm
Subject: Re: Re: Clie users

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, lamromy wrote:

> Actually, col-bg is a very useful visual aid (at least for me), if you
> can fix that locking problem with Clie, I will be most grateful.
> That's the only thing holding me back from registering Shadow.

	I'll be fixing it; however, due to the front-light of the Clie's,
it doesn't show up well (I find most colours are washy loking on the Clie,
and light background colours are nearly invisible. I guess I'll have to
provide an option to let you pick your own colour too :)

From: Jeff Mitchell  <support@s...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:11pm
Subject: Re: Re: Default color for entries

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, hisimage8 wrote:

> > > Way back when you were working mostly on the desktop there was a
> > > discussion of allowing users to pick their own default color for
> each
> > > outline.  You asked that you be reminded of this sometime after
> the
> > > desktop had settled down a little.  Do you remember this and is
> it
> > > still on the to-do list?
> >
> > 	hehe :)
> >
> > 	Desktop hasn't settled down yet ;) (Ask me after the Mac
> version
> > goes to testing ;)
>
> Is it time to remind you of this Jeff?  :)

	Getting there; I'm reworking things a lot (new release out, means
I can do more drastic changes for a bit).

	You want a default colour for items?

From: Jeff Mitchell  <support@s...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:11pm
Subject: Re: wish

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Manfred Ell wrote:

> I use Shadow mostly as a todo list replacement.
>
> I often have to switch between showing checked items and not showing them.
> I have to go to the filters menu and check the filter on/off. Could you
> make an icon somewhere so that a single tap would toggle the last filter?

	[F] popmenu in the top right; you can turn off the current filter,
and when done so, re-activate it.

From: dgselig  <dgselig@y...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:47pm
Subject: Re: New From problems?

Ken,

Your wish has been granted.  Adding your name was actually a typo on
my part, but I did correct it within 2 minutes of the original post.
The problem is everyone ignored the corrected one and replied to the
original. :-)

Per your list below, I don't see any difference on my system setting
weeks to start at Sun or Mon, or any difference if ToDos are undated
or not.

My original problem (still unconfirmed as far as I know, but easily
repeatable by me) is that only Priority 1 or 2 ToDos show up in the
New From screen.

Dave

--- In shadow-discuss@y..., "kenclatham" <clatham1@t...> wrote:
> --- In shadow-discuss@y..., "dgselig" <dgselig@y...> wrote:
> > It happens with either the built-in ToDo app, or Datebk4 5.0pJ
> >

> <snip!>
>
> Can we please ...
>
> (1) get *my* name off this issue!
>     Honestly, I'm not the cause! (or at least I don't *think*
so!) :)

> (2) Combine this discussion under "New From problems", I, for one am
> getting confused.
>

> Summary as I know it so far...
>
> (A) There seems to be a "ToDo extraction" problem based on
> Sunday/Monday start of week system option.  (I believe its confirmed
> at this point)
>
> (B) There seems to be a "Date display" problem also associated with
> Sunday/Monday SOW sysop.  (probably the same bug, IMHO)
>
> (C) There seems to be an "Undated ToDo" problem which may or may not
> be associated with (A) and (B).  (not confirmed or hard to
reproduce)

> Any others?
>
> Just want to stop whipping this poor pony, and get back to business
as
> usual... before I lose my mind!
>
> And before you *say* anything, I *know* its not my decision... H*ll,
> I'm just one lowly user.  I'm just trying to condense this down to
> some list of things I can watch out for until Jeff can get this
sorted
> out...
>
> Ken
4323

From: hisimage8  <hisimage8@y...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:15pm

> 	Getting there; I'm reworking things a lot (new release out,
means
> I can do more drastic changes for a bit).
>
> 	You want a default colour for items?
>
> 		jeff

I'd just like to be able to set up a default color for each list so
that whatever I enter won't be black as a default.  I don't mind
setting this for each list and I don't mind choosing colors manually
per item if I want to have a colorful list.  Most of the time, tho,
I'd just like have all entires default to one color, my choice.
Thanks so much for considering this.  It's nice to be able to "pretty
up" things when you have a color machine (Clie 615C).

I'm also looking forward to being able to have the col bg on that you
were mentioning earlier.  I miss that -- didn't realize until now how
helpful that was.

Patricia
4324

From: Manfred Ell  <manfredell@y...>
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:29pm

That's what I use but I was looking for a shorter way ;-) i.e. a checkbox.

--
Manfred Ell