From: sjpanther01@h...
Date: Fri Aug 3, 2001 10:00am
Subject: Shadow 'Recent Files' and other comments

Jeff:

I have incorporated Shadow as a major element of organizing system on
the Palm.  For the most part Shadow is up to the task.  However,
there are a few small things that I am hoping can be done to improve
my experience.

Recent files:
=============

* Can this list be a reordering list?  For example, like 'Alt-Tab' in
Windows?  I spend too much time scanning for the file I want.

* Can a speed key (.i.e. shortcut) be added for 'Recent Files'?

Flat View:
==========

* I use DateBk4 and Shadow to keep my ToDOs organized.  In Shadow, I
would like to be able to just see a simple list of all 'leaf' nodes
(these generally) represent ToDOs.  Is it possible to add a
preference in Shadow that changes how the 'Flat View' currently
works?  There could be a preference that says 'exclude parent context
node'.  This would make the flat view only display leaf node with no
parent anchors.

Links:
======
* Are there plans to allow links to items in other files?  If this is
far off or too difficult, I would be a satified customer with the
addition of my suggestion regarding "Recent Files" as this would
speed up copying a item and quickly switching to another list to
paste the item.

Thanks for such a useful product on the Palm.

Norman
1802