From: pw@w...
Date: Sun Jul 8, 2001 1:27pm
Subject: Re: New From...Datebook

--- In shadow-discuss@y..., <drumgirl313@y...> wrote:

> I waited until my palm auto-shut off (3 minutes) and then turned it
back on.
> Still no entries.  :(
>
> Gretchen

Sorry, out of ideas.

Peter
1502

From: egroups@R...
Date: Sun Jul 8, 2001 3:58pm
Subject: Re: Keybard, Date Management, etc.

Jeff,

I like Andy's list. This would give us the 80% we need.

Michael Rudnick

--- In shadow-discuss@y..., andy@t... wrote:
> Here's my list of keyboard features that I'd like to see:
>
> * Command sequences (shortcuts) for all menu items (menu items
> without command sequences are inaccessible without tapping on the
> screen as far as I can tell)
> * Ctrl key sequences might work for some things, too instead of a
> formal shortcut (e.g. Ctrl-F triggers Find, without the need to
> define <slash>F as a menu shortcut).  These could also be used for
> bold & color selectors, etc. that don't have menu items.
> * Delete... key triggers delete anywhere the trash can button shows
> up now.
>
> Main file list:
> * Up/down arrow support to move between files.
> * Enter button opens selected file (although this is possible now
by
> pushing Cmd-Ctrl-O which triggers the open button)
>
> Within a file:
> * Immediate selection of a list item (although using Cmd-T
currently
> to trigger the Top Item menu choice isn't too bad)
> * Enter button brings up Details for selected item (although this
is
> also already possible with Fn-Right Arrow (I'm just lazy))
> * Some way to activate checkboxes if present in a list
> * Keep the keyboard compatibility functionality already there
(though
> keys can change to make them a little more intuitive) (once an item
> is selected, the up/down arrows scroll through the items &
left/right
> arrows expand/collapse children, key labeled "Space" (Not space
bar)
> makes the selected item the child of the previous item, while
> BackSpace moves it back out to the same level as its parent)
>
> I'm by no means a power user yet -- I'm sure other people can
> identify additional areas, but that's what I've come up with in my
> brief keyboard ownership period...
>
> Andy
1503

From: egroups@R...
Date: Sun Jul 8, 2001 4:16pm

In DateBk4 you can reschedule ToDos by clicking on a spot on the line
and choosing from the resulting list. This is something like clicking
on the date of an item in Shadow. DateBk4 includes these choices:
Day now displayed    (not appropriate for Shadow)
Today                (same as Shadow)
Tomorrow             (same as Shadow)
Day after tomorrow   (if today is Tuesday, this would be Thursday)
This Friday          (if today is July 10, this would be July 13)
Next Monday          (if today is July 10, this would be July 16)
One week later       (same as Shadow)
Start of next month  (if today is July 10, this would be August 1)
No date              (same as Shadow)
Choose date...       (same as Shadow)

I would like these choices in Shadow. I hope this eliminates any
confusion from my earlier post.

Michael Rudnick

--- In shadow-discuss@y..., Jan Erik Moström <lists@m...> wrote:
> On 2001-07-06 at 17:48, egroups@R... wrote:
>
> > "Next Monday", and "Start of next month".
>
> Isn't this the same ?? (or do a week start on sunday in the US)?
> --
> Jan Erik Moström                             mailto:jem@m...
> Free Elektron
http://www.mostrom.pp.se/folk/jem/